10/18/08

Crash and Burn....

So as I have mentioned in previous posts I was in charge of the party at My work. Well it was friday and I spent the entire day decorating and arranging and vocally motivating the boys to be helpful (aka yelling) Goodness it was exhausting and frustrating all at the same time! It felt like I had given birth after it was all done! Everyone started showing up looking fabulous in their costumes and we got everyones pictures taken and everyone fed...Well the stupid part of this whole thing is that Me and Kelszi (we managed the whole party!) and didnt delegate anything. So we were running around like chickens trying to get everyone fed, music playing, guessing tables acknowledged and answers counted up! We played a Halloween ballon battle game that I think went super well, Then a Newlywed game where we began the crash and burn.....The couples we picked didnt play up the game well and half the time didnt even write down an answer! UGH!!! So we did that finally got it all wrapped up and cuz we were trying to finish that count guessing game answers and figure out the karoke thing the party unraveled. We never got a chance to annouce what kind of prizes that people had the option to win and no one wanted to karoke! UGH!! UGH!!! UGH!!! I feel like I should just stick to decorating and never ever ever volunteer to entertain people! So I cried all night to kendall about how horrible everything was and he has now decided to stick me in a institution for delusional people...cuz he thinks it was the best party he had ever been too...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Booooo hooooo! LOL! You are so silly! I bet your party was a great success and that everyone loved it. You are too hard on yourself. Besides, it's a live and learn process. Now you know what "not to do" next year. You are a great party planner!