10/17/09

In Memory of Jazz

She got kicked by a horse while being the wandering dog that she was. We love you and will miss you.
Dec 2008 to Oct 2009.


















Okay... I think enough time has passed that I can finally talk a little more about it. Me and kendall have decided that we can never go on a date. I had to work till 5 on friday, Kendall had the day off to finish putting our shed up (which he did so our shed is complete) and had noticed that she was missing. She goes missing all the time. She will disappear for a few hours and then suddenly be under your feet so happy to see you. Well Kendall left to come pick me up. His parents had come over for the day to help with the babies and were still there cuz my parents had shown up to watch the kids while we went on a date and were chatting. They suddenly decided to look for Jazz, by the time they found her in the horse pasture kendall had picked me up and we were headed to olive garden. I answer the phone and what I hear is " Sharee you need to come home its kind of an emergency....Jazz is dead." Shock and silence followed while I attempted to absorb what my mom had said. Not my baby....Not my Jazz. Kids were hysterical. This was our first pet to ever pass away and no one knew how to deal with it. Not even me. So we turned around and made our way home. The kids had her in a box and were sobbing. We wrote on old blanket, told her we loved her, wrapped her and buried her in the back corner of our yard. Sariah had made a cute halloween craft - a black fence with a pumpkin on it - she decided that we should use that as our head stone... and we did. We are still struggling. We miss her tons. She was not your typical dog, she slept in our bed, rode shotgun anywhere we went, played and chased the babies, She was family, Our Family. She will be missed Dearly.


8 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

Oh, how sad. That breaks my heart.

kaTie said...

ohhhhh... i'm soo sorry.

Anonymous said...

oh, that's so sad... poor thing.. I'd be devestated if my dog died.

Unknown said...

Sharee I am soo sorry! Poor Kayden, how is he going to fall asleep now? How are the kids taking it? Love ya sweetie.

Crow Mountain Kennels said...

That is horrible...Just when you get 'em about trained. Just sayin' I am sorry it does hurt.

Unknown said...

That craft that Sariah made is soo cute. and I think you should keep it there as Jazz's marker and change the decoration on it for different seasons. You have the pumpkin for fall, then for winter cut out a tree or snowflake, flowers for spring ect then the kids will feel like they are doing something special for her. So sad..I know how it is to loose a dog you love and it sucks!! I know you will all miss her but she is still with you. Love you!

BeforeFamily said...

I am so sorry about Jazz. And know how hard it is to lose such a good friend.

Housley Four said...

qi am sorry, hope you are all feeling better! just remember to wait before you rush out and get a "rebound" dog. the poor thing will never meet your expectations and it could be disaster! trust me, i have learned from experience!!